1.1.13

2012



Happy new year everyone! I hope that you have been enjoying the holiday season as much as I have. 

To start off the new year right and in keeping with tradition (see past wrap ups here: 1 2 3) I thought I would do a wrap up of the year that was 2012.  

When I started to think about writing this post I actually was at a bit of a loss on how to sum it up. At first glance 2012 wasn't a milestone year. There wasn't any big milestone moments. But it was a great year. I worked really hard on projects that are in a different direction than I thought I would take. I spent time with friends. I saw bands I love. I made a lot of lists and plans for 2013. 2012 was a simple year and I think that was a good thing. 

Here are some of the highlights: 

2012 was all about weddings for truth.be.told. Invitations. Styling. Flowers. Making sweet garlands. The studio was in a constant love bubble. I feel so lucky that I worked with so many sweet couples in 2012 - it was fun, challenging and so satisfying to see the end result. 


I went to Sydney for Etsy Success and I am still feeling inspired. I can't wait to share with 
you the plans for 2013 that this amazing event inspired. 


Seeing one of my wedding suites featured in Cosmo Bride. I'm still doing star jumps about this. 


2012 I turned into a bit of a sponge. I learnt new things like how to make a flower bomb with Holly Hipwell. I went to CWC and learnt so much listening to and meeting other creative ladies. 

I took a lot of photos, and posted a whole bunch on instagram. It got a bit obsessive there for a while but on the positive side, I now have a pretty great album of photos. 


I turned 29 and actually felt really great about it. 


It's only day one, but 2013 feels good. I'm excited to see what it brings. Goals have been set, plans have been made. For truthbetold that will mean a lot of work and fun  - I'll be sharing my plans later in the week so stay tuned. 

Goodbye 2012, hello 2013.