19.10.08

this is my favourite movie




I have a lot of favourite movies, I honestly can't even name a top ten without breaking my heart by leaving something out. So I thought long and hard and I think that my all time fave is The Return to Oz. I loved this movie so much as a kid because it just was so creative and funny to me. What other movie has lunch pail trees, a hall of heads and a flying couch with a moose head that talks? I never liked the musical version of The Wizard of Oz because it just didn't seem quite right but this has always seemed to me what Oz would really be like. My favourite part would be when Dorothy is trying to pick the objects which are her friends from Oz. I would tell you more but I don't want to ruin it if you haven't seen it.







and here are a few of my other faves, all of which are a little left of centre too and visually quite rich.
waitress
edward scissorhands
amelie
juno
thanks to hokey for the lovely theme this week + to check out other peoples faves have a look over here