31.1.09

bright sparks


It has been just so hot here in Melbourne that I have been unable to think & actually ended up being sent home from work yesterday with heat stroke. Added to that, my train line was non-functioning + we lost power at home too. I think I have consumed about 48 icy poles in 3 days and may have declared yesterday that I would marry my desk fan if it promised to keep me cool forever. Clearly, I got a little hysterical.
The bright spark in the heat wave for me was that I just found where to get the Mumford & Sons EP. I saw Marcus from Mumford & Sons last year when I went to see Laura Marling at the Corner and loved his voice almost as much as I love my fan (alot, in other words). And finally, I have found their songs to buy! My fave is white blank page but go here and have a listen for yourself.