25.1.12

Invitations - Nat & Drew


Last year I was lucky enough to be asked by Nat and Drew to design their wedding invitations. When I met Nat and Drew to discuss their invitations we discovered that we had a shared love of all things vintage and art deco design. We chatted about their wedding and basically it was going to be an amazing fun and relaxed weekend with family and friends - sounds fun hey?

The inspiration for this particular invitation was a vintage destination postcard as the wedding was to take place in Bright, Victoria. I had been dying to design a postcard style invite for a while and when I found out that travel had played a big part in the lives of this sweet couple, and that the wedding was like a country mini break, I decided that the concept of a postcard fit perfectly.

Using art deco flourishes and vintage style post marks, the invitation reflected the fun weekend ahead and the style of the event. The front of the invitation featured a picture I took of one of the gorgeous views from the venue as a way to introduce 'the destination' to guests (yes, I did drive to Bright to take photos!).  

On the reverse the vintage touches continued in the form of flourishes and a post mark I created with the couples name and the date of the wedding. I also used a selection of vintage stamps from my Grandads stamp collection to make the invitation a little more special.

I loved working on this design - amazing client, awesome brief and creative freedom. Great trifecta hey? If you would like to see a few sneak peeks of the production process check out this earlier post.