2.3.12

Kate & Luke - custom wedding suite


Ever have moments when you could just pinch yourself because you can't believe you are so lucky? Well for me, designing the wedding stationery for Luke and Kate was one of those moments. You might remember this speak peek I shared here. Kate is one of my favourite people and I can't say how much I enjoyed working together on this throughout last year. 

Now for a little bit about the design. I was lucky to have a lot of creative freedom and developed a whole range of concepts inspired by the gorgeous wedding location, fresh summer colours and the romantic, vintage and elegant styling that was planned for the day. 

The lovely colour scheme chosen by the couple is also my personal favourite - a palette of pink, peach and spring time green. The design also has a strong floral theme, featuring a series of flowers that I illustrated by hand.  Each piece in the suite features some form of floral motif including cascading flowers, a simple posey and a heart shaped arrangement. 
I also illustrated a cute little bus for the information card - so much fun!

The suite features two typefaces - the feature type is the gorgeous vintage style script Buttermilk, offset by a simple san serif script. The overall look is romantic and modern. 

This suite was the largest I have ever designed for anyone. In total there were nine pieces in this suite including save the dates, invitations, RSVP cards, information cards and invitations for the day after celebrations. On the day items included programs, seating chart, advice cards and place settings in the form of round labels that doubled as stickers for gorgeous macaroons at each place setting.  With so many pieces it was important to make sure they looked beautiful individually but was also cohesive as a suite. 


I am so grateful that Kate & Luke asked me to design their invites for them. And seeing how well everything we had done fitted in with their gorgeous styling on the day was seriously amazing. 

Oh and by the way - I have been to a whole bunch of weddings but Luke and Kate's was by far one of my favourites - so much love, it was a seriously beautiful day. 

PS - If you would like to check out some photos of the big day please visit their amazing photographers website here. Katie and Sarah of Love Katie & Sarah are pretty amazing - they captured the day so well and I still can't get over how gorgeous the photos are. 

And without further ado -here are a few photos of Luke and Kate's wedding stationery - I hope you love them as much as I do. Thank you again Luke and Kate for asking me to design your wedding stationery xx


Square format invitation


RSVP cards


the day after celebration invitation


detail of the 'day after invitation'


Information card 


information card detail - including the little bus I illustrated


Advice cards - for guests to write a word of advice for the happy couple


Advice cards on the day - how great is the styling? 


Seating chart


place setting labels


programs - A6 size with a sewn spine